Phoenix Stumble in Homecoming match against Potomac Falls

In their Oct. 11 homecoming clash, the Rock Ridge Phoenix fell 13-38 to the Potomac Falls Panthers.

Shradha Dinesh, Editor-in-Chief

Shradha Dinesh
Choir director Jordan Markwood conducts the Rock Ridge choir through a performance of the National Anthem. The football team went head-to-head against Potomac Falls during their Oct. 11 homecoming game.
Shradha Dinesh
Defensive Coordinator Kevin Bosworth rallies up the football team during a time out following a series of defensive fumbles.
Shradha Dinesh
Rock Ridge alumnus and former homecoming queen Celine Nguyen crowns senior Isabelle Duchatellier as the 2019 homecoming queen. Friends of Duchatellier, seniors Mina Schubert and Ryan Nguyen, walked beside her as the homecoming court nominees were presented at the half. “People kept calling me queen and I loved it . . . Now people actually know me more than some girl that just passes them in the hallway, but they know me as a leader,” Duchatellier said.
Shradha Dinesh
Sprinting, Potomac Falls sophomore Rico Brown evades the Phoenix’s defense. The Phoenix fell short to the Panthers 7-35 at the end of the third quarter.
Shradha Dinesh
Junior James Minano rushes toward senior Will Jencks in order to slow the Panthers’ offense.
Shradha Dinesh
Twirling a flag, freshman Sudeepa Pasupuleeti performs during the marching band’s halftime show. “I really liked that hit because it was so strong and powerful . . . At first, in band camp, I couldn’t do it; it was on another level because I’m a rookie,” Pasupuleeti said. “Now, I can show people that I can do it.”
Shradha Dinesh
Donning black clothing, students celebrate a touchdown early in the first quarter, giving the Phoenix a 7-0 lead.
Shradha Dinesh
Senior Aidan Emanuel kneels on the sidelines minutes before the clock starts. To prepare for his games, Emanuel separates himself from his high-energy surroundings to pray. “I seclude myself and talk to my Lord,” Emanuel said.
Shradha Dinesh
Rushing the endzone, Phoenix senior Elliot Lightner gets tackled by the Panthers’ defensive backers, seniors Will Misch and Collin Araque.