From Area 51 to Outer Space, Homecoming 2019 Shoots for the Stars

SCA put on an “Out of this World” homecoming dance on October 12.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Waving their hands, homecoming-goers dance along to Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the U.S.A.”

Shradha Dinesh

Shradha Dinesh

Shradha Dinesh

Shradha Dinesh, Editor-in-Chief

Shradha Dinesh
Balancing on a ladder, senior Chris Canfield adds stars to the hanging ceiling decor. The SCA, in preparation for the Oct. 12 homecoming dance, furnished the halls with space-themed decor.

Shradha Dinesh
Laughing, senior Joel Viola reacts a prank by senior Ryan Nguyen and junior Jayden Thomas. Thomas startled Viola by barking alongside “Who Let the Dogs Out” by the Baha Men. “I’m actually kind of the ‘Dog Girl’ now because we had a bark-off, and people thought I was really good at barking,” Thomas said.

Shradha Dinesh
Junior Sachi Wasten wraps a star-laden arch with lights. Watsen, a volunteer at homecoming set up, says that decorating alongside the SCA was a “cool experience,” because of the unique final result that was produced as a result of everyone’s creative visions. “I thought it was really resourceful how we used our spirit hallways as decorations,” Watsen said.

Shradha Dinesh
Juniors Haley Priftis and Neve Perez sing along to “Determinate” as they hang a banner at the entrance.

Shradha Dinesh

Shradha Dinesh
Senior Sydney Heck arrives at the 2019 “Out of this World” homecoming dance.

Shradha Dinesh
Sophomore Christine Choung challenges senior Joel Viola to a dance battle. Students convened on the morning of Oct. 12 to decorate for the dance.

Shradha Dinesh
SCA sponsor Michelle Menna and junior Sachi Watson untangle lights.