Rock Ridge Varsity Cheer

Coach Cortnee Williams (left) poses with the cheer team.

Winter Cheer: Cortnee Williams

Coach Cortnee Williams is the head coach for both fall and winter cheer. In high school, Williams participated in competitive all-star cheerleading, gymnastics, and track and field. 

Although Williams did not start cheerleading until high school, she had many role models that helped her excel in her sport. “It was unlikely that I would gain the skills to be an elite athlete or cheer in college,” Williams said. “However, my coaches pushed me and taught me to believe in myself and my abilities.” 

Williams enjoys sharing her love of cheerleading with the team. “I love teaching others my passion and watching how my student-athletes grow in the sports and as an individual. It’s rewarding,” Williams said. “I love cheerleading because it has an aspect for everyone to succeed.”

While Williams enjoys all aspects of cheer, her favorite part of coaching is building the team. “Tryouts are the craziest part of the season, but choosing the best athletes to build a cohesive team makes the season amazing,” Williams said. “The dynamic of the team is the most important aspect to my coaching.”

From high school to all-stars to college, Williams has had the opportunity to coach every level of cheerleading. “I learned so much about the sport and the athletes,” Williams said. “I believe my experiences have made me a better coach and I hope to continue my journey with great athletes.”

THE BLAZE • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in