Senior Issue 2023

Click here to read the 2023 Senior Issue! 

After working on seven issues of the newsmagazine over the last three years, we finally must bid farewell to “The Blaze.” But how do we give a proper goodbye? We started off in newspaper as 15-year-old sophomores, dropped into a world of AP Style and online learning, trying to navigate a tumultuous new environment. In May 2021, we came back to school for the first time to work on our first issue, which happened to be the Senior Issue for the class of ‘21. Each year, we watched the senior newspaper staffers make their final contribution to the magazine and say their final goodbyes. Two years later, we find ourselves in their shoes, having to say goodbye while looking down on a new generation of “The Blaze” and up towards an uncertain future.

In this senior issue, you’ll read about everything ‘23, from the accomplishments and destinations of the Class of 2023 to a bucket list of 23 activities to try out over the summer. Additionally, you’ll hear about some of our senior athletes, and how they plan to pass the torch to their younger teammates. Finally, you’ll read the final words of our senior staffers, as they close the chapter on their last year of high school.

We want to say a last thank you to our dedicated and resilient staff members for all their hard work in publishing this issue and working diligently to run our award-winning publication. Furthermore, we would like to give a warm thanks to our adviser, sponsors, faculty, and community members, whose steadfast support of student journalism has made all of our work possible.

THE BLAZE • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in