Festive fun at SCA’s first ever “Frost Fest”

On Dec. 10, SCA hosted the school’s first ever Frost Fest, offering s’mores, hot chocolate, and a screen displaying the movie “Elf” to unite students and encourage jolly spirits.

Abhishek Sharma

Sophomore Bennett Koch takes a video of sophomore Myles Hemlock as he enjoys his s’mores around the bonfire at Frost Fest.

On Dec. 10, the SCA hosted its first Frost Fest from 5 to 7 p.m., which was a completely free event that offered holiday snacks such as hot chocolate and s’mores, followed by a showing of the holiday movie “Elf.” 

“I’ve seen ‘Elf’ before, and I’ve already [seen] it in theaters, so I already knew how it was going to play out, but honestly it was a good idea to play it [at] the [Frost Fest],” senior Samson Annavarapu said. 

Taking place before the basketball game against the Riverside Rams, the Frost Fest encouraged students to show school spirit and cheer the school’s team on by hosting a bonfire for students to enjoy and socialize with each other. 

“When I first heard about Frost Fest, I was very intrigued because I didn’t know what it was,” junior Nina Lal said. “My first thought when I heard ‘Frost Fest’ was [that it was] a winter carnival.”

Overall, students enjoyed Frost Fest and all that it offered. “Frost Fest was just a fun, normal high school event,” Lal said. “We even had a student play guitar — it felt like you would have seen this in a coming-of-age high school movie. It definitely created memories that will last.”