Rock Ridge Rants

Rock Ridge Rants: Adnan and Abdelsayed Swan Songs

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, we bring back the seniors from the episode “Letters To Our Future Selves.” As their high school career comes to an end, they reflect on what they said concerning senior year, colleges, and Capstone. This episode features two guest speakers—seniors Hannah Adnan and Ayesha Ansari (we were unable to interview Jake Goodhart)—to share their reflection about how senior year went.

Rock Ridge Rants: “Firsts”

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, hosts Rachel Adams and Shaila Patel talk to fellow staffers on the Blaze and get their input on first experiences throughout high school and in newspaper in relation to their future careers.

Rock Ridge Rants: Technology Use

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, guest hosts Rachel Adams and Shaila Patel discuss the pros and cons of technology use in our school and how students feel about certain technological issues. This episode features three guest speakers: junior Alyssa Tucker and English teachers Tyler Anderson and Shelby Whittington. They will be discussing their opinion on things from Google Classroom to library printers. 

Rock Ridge Rants: Social Anxiety

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, we discuss how social anxiety affects us in school, and how we feel about certain assignments given to us that prompt it. This episode features two guest speakers—senior Mai Dorgham and freshman Laura Adams—to share their experiences about social anxiety in schools.

Rock Ridge Rants: College Process

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, we discuss the college admissions process, including what colleges we are applying to and how we feel about the stressfulness of it. This episode features two guest speakers—seniors Sierra Pascual and Ainhoa Johnson-Diaz—to share their experiences in applying to college.

Rock Ridge Rants: Letters To Our Future Selves

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, we talk about plans for our futures such as where we will go after graduation and how we feel to be seniors. This episode features three guest speakers—seniors Hannah Adnan, Ayesha Ansari, and Jake Goodhart—to talk about how they think their senior year is going to go and what happens after.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6hKPDxOkZ3cHRTxmIg2iqO?si=37fef6fff617421d

Rock Ridge Rants: Homework

In this episode we talked about all things concerning homework, including the necessity of homework and impact on our mental health. With special guests freshmen Kerolos Neena, junior Casie Peng, and math teacher Megan Berger, we discussed students and staff’s true views of homework.

Rock Ridge Rants: Stop Standardized testing

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, we discuss standardized testing, including what tests we have to take and our opinions about them. This episode features four guest speakers—English teacher Jessica Berg, senior Kylie Miller, junior Javaria Sohail, and Social Sciences teacher Danielle Donovan—to share their opinions on standardized testing and possible replacements.

Rock Ridge Rants: Lunch

In this episode of Rock Ridge Rants, we discuss all things school lunch: the food, the required fruit serving, and the time at which we are dismissed from lunch. This episode features two guest speakers—sophomore Hayley Sutton and junior D’Amora Brunson—opinions on the ideal version of lunch at Rock Ridge.

THE BLAZE • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in