PTSO Plans For Senior Graduation Party

At the March PTSO meeting, members and students discussed the seniors’ graduation party and developments regarding the courtyard project. The PTSO also reviewed ways to find new members who can contribute to their growing online presence.

Lilly Khalkho

The PTSO members discussed plans for an end of the year party for seniors and what activities to include in the celebration.

Rishi Sundaram and Lars Nyman

On March 2, the PTSO met to discuss ideas and fundraising efforts for the end of year senior party, consider the next step towards the courtyard renovations, and prepare to advertise open PTSO board positions. Around 20 parents, students, and teachers were in attendance over Zoom, prepared to hear the organization’s upcoming plans.

The main focus of the meeting was preparations for the seniors’ graduation party. Both students and staff members expressed their excitement for the party. “I am really looking forward to the party,” senior and SCA member Kylie Miller said. “I appreciate the work everyone is doing to make this possible.” There are still many aspects of the event to consider, including the cost, needed materials, and  which activities the seniors would enjoy. Volunteers were also welcomed to help with planning the meeting, so if you would like to help, please reach out to the PTSO.

To raise money for the party, the PTSO plans to use the money from senior yard sign sales as well as by selling LED lights to raise money during lunch blocks and in the school store. Miller believes this idea will be successful.

The PTSO is also actively recruiting students and parents who are interested in remodeling the school and PTSO websites, provided they have exceptional IT skills. They also plan to seek out parents who are able to help with the upcoming courtyard project.

According to Tiffany Ahmed, the PTSO executive board president, the main goal for the party is to make it as fun as possible and do “whatever it takes” to have a good party, which is why funding for the party is extremely important so there are items that seniors will enjoy.

The next PTSO meeting will take place on April 6.