• Important Dates -->
  • 4/20: United Spring Fling
  • 4/27-5/4: RRPA's 'Frozen'
  • 4/23: NEHS Open Mic Night
  • 5/1: Senior Sports Signing
  • 5/3: Decision Day & Military Signing Day
  • 5/9: 'May I Serve' Day
The Student News Site of Rock Ridge High School

THE BLAZE

THE BLAZE

THE BLAZE

Rock Ridge Sings Uplifts Through Music

Rock Ridge Sings is focusing on the word “uplift” this year to build more inclusive environments and help students build stronger bonds with others in the program. RRS is planning to implement this theme all throughout the year in concerts, and activities like volunteer and charity events, to spread a message of inclusivity, encouragement and appreciation.
Melissa Waas
Junior Lola Aguilar and Lexi Anspach are singing “Juntos” by Jim Papoulis with the rest of their Vox Femina chorus class on Sept 18. Other songs Rock Ridge Sings is preparing for the program’s first concert on Oct. 19 include“What About Us?” by P!nk or “Patch of Light” by Jacob Narverud, which are all inspired by RRS’s “uplift” theme.

Rock Ridge’s choir community focuses on different words each year to embrace themes like connection and community. This year, Rock Ridge Sings (RRS) chose the word “uplift” to help build more inclusive and safe environments, and encourage students to express gratitude towards those around them. Choral Director and Fine Arts Department Chair Jordan Markwood and RRS president senior Ananya Akula discuss why the theme is so significant to RRS this year, and what initiatives they are planning to spread the message outside the program’s boundaries.