“Locked In” Debuts on Netflix, Making Viewers Happy and Cheerful

Following Netflix’s advertising of it on social media, “Locked In” made fans eager because of the anticipation of the debut of the mysterious and drama-filled film.
From high profile murders to back stabbing twists, this emotional movie made viewers want to keep watching. Promotional Poster of “Locked In”.

The anticipated Netflix Original “Locked In” was released on Nov. 11. After several Instagram posts on Netflix’s account including a variety of teasers and trailers, audiences found out about the movie through its promotion — advertising that made the movie seem very interesting and like a well-done psychological film, with a twist of romance.

Although many would assume filming took place in America, the movie was actually filmed internationally in France and England, with the dialogue spoken in English. Some viewers  even recognized one of the places in the movie and realized it was filmed in Europe, eventually posting it on social media and letting others know. This brought more attention to the movie and made it more popular.

“Locked In” seems like a romantic, sad movie in the first half, but changes into more of a thriller towards the end. The main characters are Lina (Rose Williams), Katherine (Famke Janssen), Jamie (Finn Cole), Doctor Lawrence (Alex Hassel), and Nurse Mackenzie (Anna Friel). Nurse Mackenzie gets a new patient, Katherine, and starts to worry about her a lot because she is paralyzed and an odd person with obvious other problems. 

Katherine can only communicate by blinking because of the extent of her paralysis. She does not have a reason for how she got paralyzed and ended up in the hospital, leading Nurse Mackenzie and Doctor Lawrence to be curious. They start to investigate by finding ways to communicate with her and going through her background, where Linda and Jamie come in. This is when the movie becomes more of a murder movie with a twist on the typical plots of them, such as the fact that murder could be a play. 

Freshman Keeya Makonnen is a fan of Netflix and enjoys watching everything that comes out on the platform, including both movies and TV shows. She saw that this interesting movie was coming out on Instagram, and she automatically set a reminder to watch it. “‘Locked In’ was one of the best drama, mysterious, murder movies I had seen in a while,” Makonnen said. “Netflix did a good job on the movie.”

The movie grabbed viewers attention within the first ten minutes, and kept eyes glued to the screen with its enticing plot. I would rate the movie a 8/10 because they could have incorporated more of a murder and less time in the hospital. However, it was one of the best movies I have seen on Netflix, which is impressive because I have seen, more or less, all of them.