• Important Dates -->
  • 5/17: Rocky awards
  • 5/20: All School Awards (virtual)
  • 5/22: Region Track Champs
  • 5/23: Band Concert
  • 5/28: Orchestra Concert
  • 5/29: Chorus Concert
  • 6/4: Miscast Caberet
  • 6/6: Capstone Gala
The Student News Site of Rock Ridge High School

THE BLAZE

THE BLAZE

THE BLAZE

It seems like nowadays Gen Z kids act very grown up. Instead of playing in playgrounds, they are running around Sephora. Instead of sending notes to each other in class, they are Snapping each other on Snapchat.  Why has this happened to Gen Z, and is it going to cause any lasting effects on the kids?
Opinion
Maturity Levels are Getting Higher and Higher
Samantha Chang, Staff Writer
Nature has proven to provide great benefits to students especially during stressful testing periods, allowing for students to take their minds off of school for a brief moment in time.
Opinion
Unwinding with Nature
Sitwat Mian, Graphic Editor
Although people can use peer pressure for good or bad, they can cross boundaries. Freshman Anika Ranadive believes that good peer pressure can cross a line, and there’s a point where it can get too far.   “Sometimes people don’t want to do something and your friends only want to support you,” Ranadive said. Even with good intentions, people should mind others and their space and boundaries.
Opinion
Pushing Perimeters with Peer Pressure
Dayanna Anton and Aline Gonzalez

Making Connections and Seeking Opportunities: Over 1000 Students Attend the Annual Summer Job Fair

Rock Ridge hosted its fifth annual summer job-and-internship fair on March 16 for all LCPS high school students. Eager for a chance to promote their business or organization, a total of 80 vendors attended the event to recruit students to their team. For the over 1000 students that attended, the job fair was an opportunity to make connections and apply to summer jobs and internships.
Melissa Waas
At the U.S. Air National Guard stand, two guardswoman talk to interested students and parents about participation and college programs offered. Other divisions of the military, like the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force attended the event as well, spreading information about their various scholarships and military programs.

On March 16, students and parents of all LCPS high schools gathered in the main gym and cafeteria at Rock Ridge for the fifth annual summer job fair. Approximately 80 vendors, including small businesses, military recruiters and volunteer organizations participated, and over 1000 students attended the event this year. Students and businesses alike benefited from this opportunity, as businesses got to promote themselves and recruit eager students to their team, and students got to make connections and apply to internships and jobs.