• 5/17: Rocky awards
  • 5/20: All School Awards (virtual)
  • 5/22: Region Track Champs
  • 5/23: Band Concert
  • 5/28: Orchestra Concert
  • 5/29: Chorus Concert
  • 6/4: Miscast Caberet
  • 6/6: Capstone Gala

“Abigail” Enthralls Audiences With Its Devious Plot

“Abigail” is not just a horror movie, it is also a film made in remembrance of one of its cast members, Angus Cloud.
The intimidating character of Abigail frightens and terrorizes many as they fall into her trap and fulfill her goal of killing all of the people. Photo courtesy of Universal Pictures.

Trapped in a mansion, the kidnappers turn out to be the ones kidnapped in the latest horror release. On April 19, the movie “Abigail” was released. It drew in many fans of Angus Cloud, notable for his role as one of the main actors in the popular HBO show “Euphoria.” Sadly, Cloud passed away during the movie’s production, leading to his character’s demise in the movie. As a tribute to him, the movie concluded with an homage in his honor.

The film begins with six criminals kidnapping Abigail, a ballet dancer who is the daughter of a wealthy and influential figure, and bringing her to a mansion. Initially, things proceed normally, with the criminals awaiting a $50 million ransom from her father. However, the situation takes a drastic turn when the criminals start dying in gruesome ways, including ones as severe as beheadings. This frightens the criminals, leading to accusations and suspicions of a mole within their group. Their suspicions go so far to the point where they pull guns out on each other in the daughter’s bedroom. 

Despite their threats, the revelation of the true threat emerges: the daughter, Abigail, is  actually a horrifying vampire. Beyond her terrifying demeanor, Abigail is also extremely cunning, as she orchestrated the events leading up to this situation. This plot twist bewildered the characters and audiences alike, as her supernatural nature was unexpected. Like all vampires, sunlight was her weakness, providing some respite, until nightfall led her to do whatever she wanted without getting hurt. 

Junior Jolie Arce has loved horror movies since she first started watching them as a child. She decided to watch “Abigail” because she likes to watch any new horror movie that comes out. As she watched, she kept being surprised by what was happening as it was a very confusing movie due to its plot twists. “I loved the movie very much, and I would rate it a 9/10 because it took me a while to understand everything about it,” Arce said. 

This film was very well done and interesting with enticing elements such as gore, fantasy, jumpscares, and more. I would rate this movie an 8/10 because it did an overall well done job on the plot such as with the scenes where some of the people in on the kidnapping were on Abigail’s side, but the confusing elements and the gore brought the rating down. Horror movies and vampire lovers would enjoy and love this movie. With all of its emotional rollercoasters, it takes its viewers for a fun, unexpected ride.