• Important Dates -->
  • 6/6: Capstone Gala and Senior Awards
  • 6/7: Rent Revival Performance
  • 6/13: Graduation Practice
  • 6/14: Last Day of School
  • 6/14: Graduation @ RRHS
The Student News Site of Rock Ridge High School

THE BLAZE

THE BLAZE

THE BLAZE

Polished Presentations: DECA Competitors Prepare for ICDC

As a result of their placement finishes at SLC, 38 teams were given the opportunity to travel to Anaheim, California for this year’s International Career Development Conference (ICDC). On April 24, 12 teams ran through their presentations in front of peers, family, and teachers, hoping for some last-minute critiques before their final competition.
As part of their week at ICDC, the Rock Ridge DECA group attended various Disney events hosted by the DECA organization to foster networking and fun between the schools. Photo courtesy of Ben Stodola.

Following their performances at the Virginia DECA State Leadership Conference in March, on Wednesday, April 24,  12 teams geared up to travel across the country and take their passion projects to the next level by practicing at the annual DECA ICDC Showcase. After working tirelessly all year, whether individually or with a partner, each team detailed their various companies, apps, community events, and more in extensive presentations for feedback. Hoping to improve their script, acting, or overall content, each participant in the showcase was eager to further elevate their products prior to their moment in front of the official judges.

A total of 7 teams made the top 20 at ICDC, and 3 of those teams made it to the top 10. Senior Varsha Korumilli and juniors Nikhita Kuniti and Deeksha Ramakole placed 3rd overall in their event Buying and Merchandising operations Research.

This trip wrapped up the DECA competition season.